With the extension of Wisconsin’s “Safer at Home” order, golf courses in the state are now permitted to begin operating — with some restrictions — as of Friday, April 24th!
Per the governor’s order and guidance from various golf industry leaders, here are the new policies:
• All golf will be walking only. No golf carts will be allowed.
• Members and Guests welcome.
• Please adhere to all social distancing guidelines while on the grounds of Hayward Golf Club.
• The practice facility/ driving range across the parking lot will be closed.
• Tee times can be reserved by calling pro shop or making reservations online.
• Online reservations will require immediate payment, so we encourage groups to know exactly who and how many will be playing in group. Tee times can be booked HERE. The Pro Shop will take 1 credit card payment from each group paying over the phone. So please plan ahead with 1 designated payer for the group.
• The clubhouse/Pro Shop will be closed to the public. The clubhouse main entrance will be open for access only to the bathrooms, which will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
• We are preparing to offer a vending machine with a variety beverages near the club storage room. The vending machine will be sanitized throughout the day.
• Tee times will be spaced 10 minutes apart to avoid groups potentially stacking up on the course.
• Please arrive at golf course no more than 20 minutes ahead of your specific tee time. During busy periods, we will look to create a spaced flow of no more than 3 groups near the clubhouse at one time. The 1st group will be on the tee preparing to tee-off, the 2nd group will be near the Pro Shop/ practice green checking-in, and the 3rd group will be unloading their clubs in the parking lot.
• If needed, scorecards/pencils can be picked up near clubhouse.
• Push-carts will be offered for rent and will be sanitized after each use. Rental clubs will not be available.
• Essential golf merchandise (gloves, balls, tees) can be purchased over the phone during check in and picked up outside Pro Shop.
• Once on the course, please leave the flagsticks in at all times. There will be a PVC insert in the hole that will keep golf balls from falling to the bottom of the hole and will assist us in eliminating the flag as a touch point. Additionally, bunker rakes, ball washers, and water coolers will be removed from the course.
• We encourage players to download the wsga.org handicap posting app or post scores directly on WSGA website because the clubhouse will not be open for score posting. Call the Pro Shop if you need help with this process.
Special information for members and prospective members:
Given the mandate to keep the Pro Shop closed, we’re asking all those who intend to purchase memberships to do so through our online store (clicking HERE will take you there), over the phone, or through mailed-in membership forms and payment. If members would like to make half-payments, those would have to be done over the phone or through mail.
Members are encouraged to call the Pro Shop for tee times if they are unsure of exactly who will all be playing in their group (to avoid being charged guest fees for perspective spots being filled by members).
We also encourage members to set-up accounts receivable accounts (A/R) to further ease transactions during this period (monthly billing available). Call Pro Shop for details.
To book a tee time, click HERE to be taken to our online tee sheet, or call the Pro Shop at (715) 634-2760.
The Caddyshak Bar and Grill will be open to serve carry-out food that is consumed off premises. Full menu will be available 11 am to 7 pm, 7 days a week, starting Wednesday, April 22nd. View our menu HERE. We are offering a special to kick off our opening — order any of our new fresh-made pizzas, or spend $20 or more, and get a free 2-liter bottle of an assorted Coke product. While supplies last. Call 715-634-2460 for your order and payment. Credit and debit cards only.
Members and guests, please follow all course guidelines to ensure we will continue to be able to offer golf in this capacity!
Things are going to be a little different for a while, but we’re very glad to be able to provide an opportunity for guests and members to enjoy some rounds of golf in the warming spring weather! Hopefully, sooner rather than later, we will be fully operational and able to offer you the complete HGC experience!